A guide to what’s on in gardening…
1. Mallow Flower & Garden Club hosts its AGM on Tuesday, October 15, at the Mercy Centre Mallow, at 8pm, followed by a presentation by Elizabeth from Crystal Earth LTD Mallow. €7
2. Castlelyons Home & Garden Club will host an Evening of Mindfulness and Inner Health, by Anne Devine (author) and Tracey Bransfield (homeopathy) on Thursday, October 17 in the Corrin Event Centre (The Mart ) Fermoy at 8pm. Note change of venue. Contact Gunny Horgan 086/8670385 or Ann 086/2381611.
3. Carrigtwohill Flower & Garden Club hosts Rory O’Connell (Ballymaloe Cookery School) and Elizabeth O’Connell (MGLDA), garden design consultant, to speak on ‘Growing and Cooking with Herbs’ on Tuesday, October 15, in Carrigtwohill Community Hall at 8pm.
4. Owenabue Garden & Flower club, Carrigaline, hosts its annual decorative show on Monday, October 21, at 8pm in the C of I School Hall. ‘Autumn Glam’ demonstration will be given by Melanie Harris AOIFA.
5. Ballincollig Flower & Garden Club will host a teaching work night by Ann Cooney AOIFA teacher on Monday, October 14, in Oriel House, Ballincollig, at 8pm. Worksheet details: 083-1501165.
6. A gala Christmas demonstration by John Paul Deehan NIGFAS takes place on November 11 at Oriel House Hotel supporting Pieta House & Breakthrough Cancer Research. Tickets €15. Contact 087 2265954.
7. Clonakilty Flower Club will hold its October night on Monday, October 14, in Fernhill House Hotel, Clonakilty, at 8pm. Paula Dowling AOIFA. will demonstrate ‘Autumn Fanfare’.
8. Coachford Flower & Garden Club will host a talk by DJ Murphy in Coachford National School on Wednesday, October 16, at 8pm.
9. Sunday’s Well Flower & Garden Club holds a Garden Talk with Sheila Crean in Atkin’s Garden Centre, Carrigrohane Road on Wednesday, October 16, at 3pm. Club members only.